"Experienced & Aggressive Tampa Family Law Attorney"

Office Tampa, FL   -  813.873.9047


Relocation of Minor Children

Upon a Final Judgment being entered in a family law case, the parent the child(ren) primarily resides with may not relocate with the child(ren) more than 50 miles from the residence the parent and the child(ren) were living in at the time the Final Judgment was issued. The exception is when the other parent agrees or an order is obtained from a court.

Before moving more than 50 miles from the custodial parent’s address after the Final Judgment, the parent seeking to relocate must file a Petition to Relocate and a Supplemental Petition for Modification of the Parenting Plan and follow the specific procedures established in Florida law.

Failure to do this may result in a Motion for Contempt and/or a Motion for an Emergency Pickup Order of the minor child(ren).

Prevailing in a relocation case is extremely difficult, and Florida law requires the judge to consider and apply multiple factors.

Mindi Lasley, P.A. is experienced in advocating to the court why custody, time-sharing and/or relocation of a child should or should not be granted based upon the details of our clients’ cases and applicable Florida law.