Office Tampa, FL - 813.873.9047

Do You Need Help Enforcing Child Custody Orders?

Posted on : June 21, 2016
Florida Child Custody Enforcement Lawyer

When parents are involved in a divorce or separation, a child custody order is typically issued which gives each parent time with the child. The time may be split 50/50, or one parent may have primary custody and the other parent may have visitation rights. A custody order is specific to each family and must be adhered to. However, if one parent does not follow the terms of the custody order at any point, the order may need to be legally enforced. Here’s what you need to know.

Why Might a Child Custody Order Need to Be Enforced?

There are many different situations where a child custody order may need to be enforced. For example, if the primary custodian of the child will not allow visitation to the other parent as outlined in the custody order, the other parent may need to get the court involved. On the other side of the coin, if a non-custodial parent takes too much visitation time, does not return the child at the appointed time, skips out on visitation, or otherwise does not follow visitation orders, it may become necessary to involve the court to ensure that the child custody order is followed.

How Can a Lawyer Help With Child Custody Enforcement?

You always want to have adequate legal representation when facing matters of family law, and child custody enforcement is no exception. Not only will your attorney advocate for your rights as a parent, he or she can help you gather evidence that supports your case. You may need to have records of the activity that is in violation of the court order before you can bring your case forward. Your lawyer will assist you in every way to help you ensure that the original court order, which was determined to be in the best interests of your child, are followed.

Contact Mindi Lasley, P.A., Today

Mindi Lasley, P.A. offers compassionate and zealous legal representation to each of her clients. If you need help enforcing a child custody order issued by a Florida court, you can trust that your case is in excellent hands when you work with Attorney Lasley. Don’t hesitate to reach out to ask questions about how your child custody order can be enforced or what to expect during the process. Call today for a one-on-one consultation to discuss your specific needs at (813) 873-9047.

Comments are closed here.