Posted on : February 5, 2013
Many clients and prospective clients have tax questions upon receiving their W-2. The most frequently asked question is which parent should claim the “qualified child,” which has a legal definition, for the income tax exemption or credit. For IRS purposes, the custodial parent is entitled to claim the qualified child for the tax exemption. The IRS…
- Can My Medical Records Be Used Against Me at Trial?
- When Can I Stop Paying Spousal Maintenance in Florida?
- Is My Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Settlement Marital Property?
- Will Temporary Child Custody Orders Become Permanent?
- How Can I Prepare for My Temporary Order Hearing?
- 10 Big Divorce Mistakes You Can't Afford To Make